IMPORTANT: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE DIY SKILLS TO MAKE A CUSTOM CABLE, THIS APP IS NOT FOR YOU
This App requires a custom DIY cable to function. Please refer to XDA Forums thread for extensive information on how to make one-> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2220108
PodMode lets you connect your Android device to an iPhone/iPod speaker dock or car audio interface.
* No root required.
* Built-in USB drivers for the following USB-to-Serial chips - FTDI FT232, Prolific PL2303x and FTDI FT311D/FT312D
* Supports HC-05 Bluetooth chip
* Plug and Play - the app will launch automatically in one of the 2 remote modes (decided by the accessory) and run in the background.
* Simple Remote Mode:
-- Speaker and Clock radio docks usually work in this mode.
-- You can play and control media in any 3rd party media app that support media buttons.
-- Preference to set the default media app to launch and control.
* Advanced Remote Mode:
-- Car audio interfaces usually work in this mode.
-- Displays currently playing song info on the car audio system's screen.
-- Filter by Playlist/Genre/Artist/Album/Song
-- Notification display - Status bar Notification text(mail/text/Nav turn-by-turn/weather) is displayed on car audio system's track information screen (Album/song name) for 15 seconds. NOTE: You need to enable this feature in the Phone Settings> > Accessibility> > PodMode.
-- Preference to set the default media app.
* Unplug the USB and the app will pause playback and quit.
* Preference to turn screen on - since some devices cannot supply USB host power in screen off/power save mode.
* Preference to change the connection speed for different accessories.
* Compatibility web page ( http://podmode.spadival.me/compatibility.php ) - List of iPhone/iPod accessories and Android devices where this app is working.
PodMode is a free software application from the Audio File Players subcategory, part of the Audio & Multimedia category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2014-07-11. The program can be installed on Android.
PodMode (version 3.1) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 2 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.